Sunday 26 July 2015

The tale of A Romantic !!

When I was little, my mother used to read me a bed time story… A fairy tale of how a prince charming came riding on the horse and took the girl away.  Night after night I used to hear the same story, secretly imagining that one day; my handsome prince will also take me away to live happily ever after.
I think God has programmed females to be romantic. ”. And, I am no different. …. In school, I had these crazy Infatuations. The guy who helped me with the assignments, the one who gave me the notes when I reached late for the class, the cute friend with the dimples, the handsome classmate that I haven’t ever spoken to were all part of my silly hallucinations. I watched Hindi romantic movies and I believed in them. I believed Rahul when he said “Pyaar dosti hai”. I believed Pooja when she said “Kahin na kahi, koi na koi mere liye banaya gaya hai…. Aur kabhi na kabhi main usse zaroor milungi”. I believed in love…. I wanted to fall in love!!!!

I watched English movies and I dreamed… I hoped…. I imagined my soul mate…..I dreamt of the perfect date… brunch at the upper deck of a yacht, a romantic movie, a private ballroom dance, moonlight dinner by the sea , romantic chariot ride and the proposal- “You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you’ll let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way. Will you marry me?” I imagined walking down the aisle in the most beautiful white trousseau with my father, exchanging vows of unconditional love with my soul mate and heading off Just Married in the car with tins rolling down the road.


To be continued...

Shruti




No comments:

Post a Comment